02 January 2010

Threedom at Last

I haven’t had a particularly fun life in the mobile phone department. I got my first one at the age of 13 and it was the oldest thing on the planet. Unfortunately dad was poor so we could hardly afford much more than that. It was a Sony Ericsson K310i with the following features:

  • A tiny screen with horrible colours which were about as vibrant as a blackboard.
  • The worst camera on the face of the planet with a sensor so low-tech that it wasn’t even measured in megapixels. That was bad enough. But then you try to record a video and end up with what looks and sounds like someone throwing a pile of flour into a pit of hyenas.
  • An annoying navigation stick which used to stop working thanks to a build-up of dust.
And a load of other rubbish to go with it.



Then I got a Sony Ericsson K800i which was a whole lot better. My K310i gave up the ghost when I went swimming with it in my trunks. That was rather embarrassing. It became quite a legend at my workplace. My boss filmed his girlfriend throwing it across the local square.

But the K800i was a whole lot better and I soon fell in love with the camera and got addicted to...

Well, it’s not an official name yet, but it’s something I came up with – I call it ‘phone-tography’ - and no, you can’t use it, it’s covered by a Creative Commons license.

As of late my K800i has been malting it’s keys, resulting in me being rendered unable to press a, b, c, d, e or f, and having to press the delete key and right selection key extra hard to get a response.



Yesterday my mother Elizabeth took me to the local hypermarket... um... shopping centre, sorry (I’m trying to be as French as possible) and got me my first... um... Skype Phone.

It’s bloody awesome and here’re the pros:
  • As long as Joy is online I can call her PC completely free of charge for as long as I want without having to pay a penny.
  • Topping up £10 a month gets me 5,000 minutes to other 3 users, 150MB of Internet usage, and 300 free texts.
  • As long as I still have some of my Internet usage left over I can connect to Windows Live Messenger and it wouldn’t cost a penny.
How rather awesome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered By Blogger
Creative Commons License