03 January 2010

Technokratosical Difficulties

I would just like to take a moment to post an administrative notice and update my personal situation.

It's been four days since I came back to England from France and I'm missing my girlfriend quite terribly. In fact, I miss France itself, it's officially my home. I was planning to write and publish more posts. But I've been experience several technical difficulties. Here's the full list in chronological order this time around:
  1. My Sony Ericsson K800i loses two of its keys so I can't type a, b, c, d, e, f, 2 or 3. And guess what the number was for calling to top up my phone was? 2345... That means I had to use a card to put credit on my phone instead. Fail.
  2. So I got a new phone which lets me call Joy's PC via Skype completely free of charge forever. It takes me an age to activate Twitter on there.
  3. As soon as my new phone is all fixed up and ready to roll my laptop starts crashing and I have to take a giant quantum leap backwards from Windows 7 all the back to Windows XP. Here I am using Windows XP but I had a whole load of problems during the installation...
  4. First of all I couldn't actually start the installation.
  5. After several tries I managed to get into the installation process but that came to a standstill when it asked for a license key that I didn't have.
  6. A friend managed to fix me up with a key and soon Windows XP was installed and I was putting all my backed-up files on there. But then I had to activate it by calling Microsoft and typing in a number, but the number contained a '3', so I couldn't type it.
  7. Thus, I couldn't activate Windows XP until I put credit on my new phone which I totally couldn't afford at the time.
  8. Nevertheless, the same friend helped me activate it without having to call anyone.
  9. Unfortunately, I'm now stuck without sound and I'm still searching around for a driver to get my audio back up and running.
I'll be posting about France very shortly so bear with me. I've installed Microsoft Word so I can write the posts while I'm offline and then publish them another day. But I've got GCSE examinations coming up so I may be a bit pressed for time. I'll get them done sooner or later so don't fear.

Just don't expect anything remotely like Shakespeare.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered By Blogger
Creative Commons License