01 February 2010

Motorstorm Arctic Edge PSP

Well, I am a lover of driving games. I love playing Gran Turismo, especially on my PSP. This latest game I have is Motorstorm Arctic Edge. My first impressions were quite good; and after speaking to a few fellow PSP gamers it seems views are mixed.

I like the way the controls are automatically ergonomic; remember how I recommended this a while ago?

Unfortunately it only allows standard controls or ergonomic, no difference, which is a bit annoying. One gripe though is that even though the ergonomic controls allow easy thumbs, you just about always hold down X to get boost so it ends up using the thumb all the time anyway.


The gameplay is reasonable, with races being both exciting and enjoyable. I thought the amount of cars might have been a bit many for some of the shorter races at 10 (GT PSP is 4) but not bad.

The crashing system was a bit annoying, sometimes pressing X to return or sometimes pressing the select button to do it. There wasn’t damage in that area, too, which was a bit disappointing.

My fellow gamers have thought this game wasn’t much. They thought it was too simple, too like Burnout and not unique enough. It is like Burnout in some respects, but I like the cool off road mountain theme to it.

So, it’s a smidge under £20 from online retailers and worth it in my view. If you enjoy portable racing, and like an added twist to a game, then this is just for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered By Blogger
Creative Commons License