04 May 2010

iPod Touch App Review: ‘Police!’

Two days ago I celebrated my sixteenth birthday. One of my presents was an iPod Touch! So I decided to review an app or two. No sooner had I connected the iPod to iTunes and registered the device than I was browsing the virtual shelves of the App Store. Soon enough I stumbled upon a categorized view of the top 25 applications which are free. And right at the top was ‘Police Siren’, or ‘Police!’. I downloaded it. I installed it.
I was disappointed.
Quite how something as simply useless as this got to the top of the charts is beyond me.
It is literally just a bunch of flashing red and blue dots accompanied by a looping siren noise.
It’s pointless.
iPod Touch Police Siren
I tried searching for hidden features by tapping in the corners. Nothing happened. I stared at those blue and red spots for a while trying to work out the point of the application. Alas, I found absolutely nothing. Perhaps if you’re searching for an inventive way to annoy someone to the point that they turn around and snap your iPod in half, yes. But otherwise, no, there is absolutely no point in Police Siren. At all. Whatsoever.
Maybe I’ll succumb to the overwhelming temptation which is currently whispering in my ear and demanding I drive down the motorway with the siren blaring. Just to see if anybody gets out of the way.
Grade?
F Grade Submit your own reviews of Police Siren in the form of comments below.

1 comments:

James said...

Somehow I'd doubt that cars on the motorway would hear an iPod touch speaker playing out a siren. I'm also pretty sure there are laws governing you can't imitate police.

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered By Blogger
Creative Commons License