05 April 2010

James' set up

Having seen Steve's recent post on his computer specs, I was tempted to do the same. Until I got into it and went a bit further. So, instead of my computer specs, here's my whole gadget set up.

I was never into gadgets much until a few years ago, and everything I have bought first time I have kept and still use today. My computer is 2 years old, it is a Toshiba Satellite A200 and I love it. It is a vista runner, I know, but I have tuned it to be lightening on 2GB Ram and 1.66Ghz. I only store applications on it, all my files are on my portable hard drive, a Toshiba 320GB Estore which doubles the memory my Toshiba has, making my HDD memory a whopping 480GB!

But computers aren't everything for me, I indulge in many other areas of gadgetry. I game a bit, not seriously though, a PSP with an AV cable through my Samsung 26" HD TV. I mostly play Gran Turismo, with a bit of Little Big Planet from time to time. My mobile handset is a Samsung H1 which I really like. Mobile internet is great and having a large screen is great for short films/ Top Gear on the train. My camera is a Sony W130 Cybershot, 8.1MP, 4x optical zoom, 2" screen, optical viewfinder, all the settings one could ever need, it is amazing for me!

Then is my iPod, it is a Nano, 3rd generation. I hardly ever use it outside my dock, a £30 from ASDA. It is only 4GB and I always regret not getting the 8GB, but I hope to upgrade that soon. I have a GPS, a Garmin eTrex. I sync it to my laptop using easygps, a great free alternative to memory map which costs £200! So, that's my set up! It's pretty good, I think. I like it, with only a few changes wanted to be made. Basically, I'd like to get a new iPod: probably a Classic. I'll probably go for the next set of updates in September and see what that delivers. I don't feel the need to change my camera as new ones don't have optical viewfinders which I find necessary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered By Blogger
Creative Commons License