06 February 2010

My favourite podcasts

I listen to podcasts for a number of reasons. One is that they are free. Another is that they are a great way of passing time instead of listening to the same music again and again. Now, in this post will be my favourite podcasts. Word of warning, as a UK iTunes user, these will be biased towards the UK but there are some American counterparts of some of these counterparts. All links will open the iTunes UK store.

In 5th place, is the the Stephen Fry Podgrams. They are great podcasts, being a great listen and a joy to hear the great Stephen Fry. But the reason they are only at fifth is because they are hardly ever updated.

In 4th place is the CNET UK podcast (Buzz Out Loud in the US). I like the way they speak, with loud clear voices. However, I sometimes find the main presenter (Rich Trenholm) a bit pompous and arrogant so I still listen to it, but it’s better when someone else speaks.

In 3rd place is the Stuff.tv MP3 podcast. I like how they often include user comments from posts (even me as hillrhys a few times). However, one of the speakers (Tom Wiggins) often mumbles and makes it quite difficult listening. But that is a small gripe, since there are many other speakers who are very loud and clear.

In 2nd place is the t3 podcast. I love how they are so loud, crisp and easy to listen to. Dan is a great speaker, an Rhi and the group are a laugh to get 30 minutes of every week.

But in pride of place is the engadget podcast. It is such a great podcast. It is an enhanced one with chapters so you can skip irrelevant bits. But I never do because listening to Josh, Nilay and Paul is such a joy I can’t get enough of them even if it is on US gadgets that aren’t available in the UK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered By Blogger
Creative Commons License