19 January 2010

Three is Not a Magic Number

Two weeks ago I switched from Vodafone to 3 after my old phone died on me and I thought getting a Skype phone would be a good idea. My girlfriend lives in France while I’m stuck in Not So Great Britain. Considering 3 seemed to be the only network selling a half-decent Skype phone, I went with them. And I haven’t regretted it thus far bar for one tiny detail. Yesterday I suddenly couldn’t connect to the Internet. To being with I thought it was just my phone being a bit of a twat. So I tried to connect via my laptop through a 3 mobile broadband dongle. That didn’t work either. 3 was completely down and out.

Fullscreen capture 19012010 093853 PM.bmp
The new 3 logo.
On the way to school I tried loading Twitter several times. Alas, I just kept getting a notice telling me a connection could not be established. That totally cut me off from texting my girlfriend. To me that’s an absolute tragedy.
Halfway through school in the first of two breaks, the network decided to start working again. Out of vain desperation to connect to Twitter, the social network I’m 110% addicted to, I gained some success. Finally my phone was in working order, and I happily tweeted the good news to my many followers! Then I called up the message composition window, typed a text to my lover, and sent it.
‘Sorry, you don’t have enough credit to send this message’.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered By Blogger
Creative Commons License