30 January 2010

Skype

Many people are now using the Voip (Voice over internet provider) service Skype. It is a great service, and it’s free*. I put the * there because it can be not free. It is free if you use Skype-Skype calls, but if you want to do SMS services, call landlines, call mobiles, you need to buy credit.

But that’s fine by me, because I just use it for Skype-Skype calls. It is becoming more and more popular, with soaring costs for phones, calling your mates for free online is a great idea. Also, with webcams, you can see them too!

I don’t have a webcam, but I do use a Logitech headset. However, since I just about always use Skype at home, I only plug in the microphone socket input. I leave the headphone socket input out (see picture below). This means I can hear the person I am talking to through my speakers and speak through my headset. The person I am talking to doesn’t even hear themselves through the speakers, so it is a win win situation!
DSC02939
However, I can also use Skype on my PSP 3000. This is great if I am on holiday and I can Skype call people at home through a WiFi connection. I do need the headset, the microphone on my PSP doesn’t like working unfortunately.

Skype can also be used on a mobile phone. If you get free SIMs from 3, you can use Skype for free forever. It is limited to Skype-Skype calls but this is great. It also is handier than using the PSP, since it is more portable and doesn’t require a bulky headset.

So, Skype, it’s a great Voip service. It also can cost nothing. It also is mobile. So, all that’s left for you to do, is head over to the Skype website and download it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered By Blogger
Creative Commons License